Thursday, May 25, 2023

HISTORIC HOMES AND BUILDINGS IN THE UNITED STATES (125)

        Another photo-blog I decided to create. I love history and as I travel to photograph the lighthouses and the covered bridges, and the states highest natural points, for my other photo-blogs, I come across so many incredible historic houses and buildings. So, I decided I might as well capture them on photos to place them in this photo-blog. To be in this blog all structures have to be posted on the National Register of Historic Places, and over 100 years old. It takes a lot of research to post these homes and buildings and I do my best to get various information sources to give the correct data to post with the photos. My information at times may not match the most common sources because WikiPedia is not 100% correct all the time, even though the vast many of times I have found that they were very credible. Even the data collected during the time to obtain to be posted on the National Register of Historic Places can be fallible at times. I feel that the local historic research such as deeds, censuses, and other records, can be most reliable. I hope this site brings interest to you was well. There are thousands and thousands of unique historic houses throughout the country, unfortunately they either don't meet the specific qualifications of the Register of Historic Places, or the owners of these properties have no desire to have to be limited to the restrictions of what construction or changes they are allowed to make on their homes if they are on the Historic Register.


No comments:

Post a Comment